1) Follow all of the instructions in the included instruction manual regarding proper Foam it Green setup, project area preparation, and substrate readiness. Make sure that you have all of the tools required for the job. (see Tools)
2) It is recommended that the wall cavities be empty/free of other forms of insulation.
3) Using a stud finder, find and mark the locations of internal framing members such as studs, cross braces, and fire stops. (Fig. 1)
4) Drill 1” diameter holes in each empty cavity, no more than 3’ from each other as well as framing members. Drill a 1” hole at the very top of each wall cavity. (Fig. 2)
5) Pull electrical outlets and switches from their housings, making sure power is off. Tape the inside of the housings, so that expanding foam will not penetrate into them. (Fig. 3)
6) Cut 5/16” 7/16” tubing into 3’ lengths. Connect tubing to end of black mixing nozzle using electrical tape as shown (Fig. 4A&B). Working from the bottom up, with nozzle attached to spray gun, fish extended tubing into the bottom-most 1” dia. hole (Fig. 4C). Guide tube downward toward bottom of wall (Fig 4D) and begin spraying foam (Fig. 4E), slowly pulling nozzle up and out as you spray. Work horizontally to fill all the bottom segments, allowing time for previous cavities to expand and cure.
7) Tapping on the wall can help you determine the level of the foam. Repeat #6 with the next hole up the wall.
8) If the foam expands out of the hole, it should be trimmed flat with any serrated edge before patching the wall.
Call 1-800-516-0949 for help in purchasing your kits.
Additional Slow Rise Kit Details:
The Easy to Use Spray Foam Kit
Spray foam insulation that's convenient and easy to use.
R-Value of 7 in 1 inch - 93% Closed Cell Foam. The best wall, basement or attic insulation.
Class I E-84 Fire-Retardant - meets building code spec.
100% Free of CFCs, VOCs, Penta-BDEs, & Urea Formaldehyde
Spray foam kits are quicker and easier to use plus you get a seamless air barrier and high r-value in just 1 inch. Choose Foam It Green spray foam insulation kits and don't settle for less than you deserve.