Roofing with Foam it Green Spray Foam Insulation
Foam it Green High Density Spray Foam Insulation kits serve many purposes in the repair and maintenance of various roofing systems.
- Create flashings and seal penetrations. Remove loose dirt and debris from all surfaces to be included in the seal. Spray the foam to a nominal 1" thickness. Cover the foam with a protective coating to prevent degradation from the sun (elastomeric rubber roof coat paint).
- Fill pitch pockets. If there is no bottom to the area to be filled, create a metal dam to support the foam in its liquid state. Fill the cavity with foam and apply a pourable sealer to prevent damage from pooling moisture and ultraviolet rays. If you need to reenter, you can cut through the foam to add lines and replace existing ones.
- Seal fluted edges on metal roofing systems. Insert the gun into the opening at the roof edge. Pull the trigger for a few seconds, filling the cavity. Allow for expansion of the foam during the cure process. Any foam exposed to the sunlight will need to be coated to protect it from damaging ultraviolet rays.
- Repair polyurethane foam roofing systems. Remove the damaged section or blister. Remove all loose dirt and debris, and clean the roof substrate. Use the high density 3# FOAM IT GREEN® with the fan spray tip. Spray apply the foam to fill the area. Finish the edges to meet the edges of the existing foam roof. Apply a coating that matches the existing coating.
- For temporary night seal for a single ply project. Clean the substrate surface, ridding it of any loose dirt, debris, oils, water or other contaminants. Apply a 3" side by 1" thick strip of foam, half covering the edge of the membrane and half covering the roof substrate. This will seal the edge of the membrane against water intrusion. To resume your project, cut off the layer of foam and cut off the section of the membrane that was foamed onto the deck.
Spray foam kits are quicker and easier to use plus you get a seamless air barrier and high r-value in just 1 inch. Choose Foam It Green spray foam insulation kits and don't settle for less than you deserve.
If you'd like to start saving money and time today, buy Spray Foam Insulation now
or call us at 800-516-0949
. In 60 seconds you'll be on your way to paying lots less when you use Spray Foam Insulation
. Click here now