1) Follow all of the instructions in the included instruction manual regarding proper Foam it Green setup, project area preparation, and substrate readiness. Make sure that you have all of the tools required for the job. (see Tools)
2) Make sure foundation walls are dry, broom clean, and in the correct temperature range.
IF NOT USING STUDS: 1) Apply closed cell foam to achieve 1” cured layers, sprayed directly to the foundation walls (Fig. 1). Spray between floor joists above the foundation wall, all the way up to the subfloor above (Fig. 2).
IF USING STUDS: 1)(If the studs are not yet up, it is advised to set them 1-2” in front of the foundation walls. The space allows for the foam to seal behind the studs, creating a continuous air and insulation barrier.) Apply closed cell foam to achieve 1” cured layers, making sure the foam is applied to the joints connecting the studs to the substrate. (Fig. 3)
2) Spray additional closed cell foam to achieve 1” cured layers each, to the desired final depth. (Fig. 4)
3) If the foam expands past the studs, it can be trimmed flat with any serrated edge before enclosing the wall. (Fig. 5)
ADDITIONAL NOTES: 1) If the building is heated during colder months, and using a combination of insulation materials in the wall cavity you intend to close in with drywall or paneling, such as fiberglass, cellulose, rock wool, or open cell foam over the closed cell foam, it is recommended to apply a final minimum thickness of 2” of closed cell foam first. A minimum thickness of 1” is recommended for climates in which no heat/furnace is used.
2) It is recommended to apply a vapor barrier before installing the desired wall covering such as drywall or paneling.
Call 1-800-516-0949 for help in purchasing your kits.
Additional Closed Cell Kit Details:
The Easy to Use Spray Foam Kit
Spray foam insulation that's convenient and easy to use.
R-Value of 7 in 1 inch - 97% Closed Cell Foam. The best wall, basement or attic insulation.
Class I E-84 Fire-Retardant - meets building code spec.
100% Free of CFCs, VOCs, Penta-BDEs, & Urea Formaldehyde
Spray foam kits are quicker and easier to use plus you get a seamless air barrier and high r-value in just 1 inch. Choose Foam It Green spray foam insulation kits and don't settle for less than you deserve.